STEP #1 Learn to Scuba Dive with Motor City Scuba!
If you’ve always wanted to learn to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wonderful world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. It’s the best scuba class in Michigan! There are 2 steps to becoming a certified diver – this is the FIRST STEP.
What You Learn
There are two steps to becoming a certified scuba diver:
- Learn to Dive – Training (knowledge development & confined water practice dives) to understand basic principles of scuba diving and to learn and master basic scuba diving skills
- Open Water Certification On these four DIVES you get to demonstrate your mastery of scuba skills in open water, explore and to earn your scuba certification!
To enroll in the course, you must:
- Have guardian’s active participation if 12-15 years of age
- Be accompanied by a parent/guardian for all training if under age 16
- Have written parent/guardian approval if under age 18
- Be able to swim 300 meters continuously with mask, snorkel and fins
- Be able to tread/float in deep water for at least 10 minutes
STEP #2 Open Water Certification
Finish your Open Water Certification with Motor City Scuba
You learned your scuba skills in the pool. Now, it’s time to dive. You will be guided and evaluated by one of Motor City Scuba’s professional instructors during your four certification dives. You’ll have a great time and enjoy the dive, but this is all about showing that everything that you learned can be utilized in your open water diving. These dives are a lot of fun but the best part is—it’s just the beginning of your scuba adventures.
Ask us how you can add the SDI Computer Nitrox Certification course on to your Open Water Diver Rating
Do you have more questions about this class? Feel free to give us a call or email us.